Active Start Private Training Program begins Tuesday, May 19. (PHASE 1 IS FULL)
As we are in the “Safer at Home” phase to activate our community, Hyland Hills Hockey Association will begin an “Active Start Program” following the guidelines set forward by County Public Health Officials and the Hyland Hills Park and Rec District. All participants will follow strict precautions to ensure the health and safety of our hockey community members, dedicated staff and families. The phase will require all of us to work together, in order to make this right.
On-Ice Participation Agreement
Squirts (10U), Pee Wee (12U), Bantam (14U), Midget (16U), Midget (18U), Female Hockey (10U/12U), Female Hockey (15U/19U), Goalies
• On-ice Private Training Sessions will be limited to one (1) coach and 3 students (this will include goaltender(s)) on ½ of the ice surface. Two, ½ ice areas will be used per session.
• Players will arrive dressed in hockey equipment except for skates and will be allowed in the building 10 minutes prior to their scheduled ice session.
• Participants will be temperature checked prior to each session.
• Participants must have Ice Centre waiver signed prior to participation. No waiver, no participation.
• NO parents or chaperones will be allowed in the building.
• Players must be able to tie their own skates inside the building or come in with skate tied and skate-guards on. NO Coach will be permitted to tie/tighten skates.
• Players must be able to put their own helmets on with straps connected. This can be done before they come into the building. NO Coach will be permitted to help players with helmets.
• Players will obey the coach’s direction on the necessary distancing and player to player engagement.
• Players will be allowed to use locker-rooms to tie/tighten skates and store equipment bags while on the ice. No more than 3 participants per locker-room, participants will sit in designated areas in locker-rooms. No players will be allowed in the locker-room until cleared by the Ice Centre Staff after cleaning procedures are completed.
• Players will proceed on and off the ice at designated doors.
• Players will leave immediately following their ice session.
• Players will have their own Water bottles. Bottles will be prefilled before coming to the rink – NO Sharing water bottles.
• Players will have their own Hand Sanitizer for use as needed
• All participants will wear a mask anytime when off the ice. It is strongly encouraged players wear a mask while on the ice in order to contain respiratory droplets.